Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Beginning of a Beautiful Friendship......

So I have decided to join the world of blogging. I have sat in the background for 1 WHOLE school year drooling over the extreme talent of Rachelle Smith, Erica Bohrer, Anna Brantley, Michelle Oakes, Cara Carroll and the list goes on and on.....


I decided that they are having too much fun. I MUST join! Besides, I haven't seen many bloggers from Oklahoma.


I'll start out by telling a little about myself.


I am an Okie bred and born. I was born in Oklahoma City and have lived in the OKC vacinity all of my life. I graduated from the University of Central Oklahoma in 2004 with my bachelors in early childhood education. I have been teaching first grade for the last 7 years. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE First grade. These kids are so hilarious! Not every day is a walk in the park, as a matter of fact, I think first grade is the HARDEST grade to teach, but that doesn't keep me from doing my best to educate these kids amongst their troubled lives. It definitely takes a compassionate person to be a teacher, because the things some of these kids can say will break your heart!


I am married to a wonderful man who was my high school junior high sweetheart. YES jr. high! We met when I was in 7th grade and he was in 8th grade. We went our separate ways, but ended up finding each other again. We have been married for 2 years. I also have an amazing daughter who is 12 and in 6th grade, and a stepson who is 11 and in 5th grade. We also have 2 dogs. I am a miniature schnauzer fanatic, so we have 2 schnauzers, Ginny and Cooper. So with two pre-teens and two young dogs, our lives are never dull!


The purpose of this blog is for me to communicate with teachers around the world. I love sharing ideas, units, printables, etc. I have opened a store at Teachers Pay Teachers, but I will post more about that later.


If you've just stumbled across my blog, I hope you'll bookmark me and return now and again. I want to meet as many teachers, parents, etc. as I can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment